Many of you will know that I am a great believer in the importance of chewing properly and eating slowly, and now some research has been released to substantiate my advice! The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and involved 13 people who were randomly assigned to chew 55g of almonds, 10, 25 or 40 times. Results showed that chewing 40 times was found to suppress hunger and elevate the feeling of fullness more than 25 chews. Levels of appetite-suppressing hormones were significantly higher after 40 chews too, compared to 25 chews. So my advice continues to be ‘Chew your food as much as you can!’.
- Imagine never, ever feeling hungover again…
- I’m an introvert, and proud
- I was too scared to drink alcohol-free wine
- Why I stopped drinking
- Who doesn’t need more sleep?
- Advice for the newly pregnant
- San Pellegrino Sparkling Juice Drinks
- Natural Alzheimer’s Prevention Steps
- Mini Qi Gong Routine
- Do you remember when it was frowned upon eat between meals?